Grant No. and Title: BHU-G0499:Thimphu Road Improvement Project (TRIP)
Contract No. and Title: TT/TRIP/003: Improvement of Road fromHotel Dusit D2 till MLCP Junction end and Olakha
Deadline for submission of Bids: 14:00 hours on 18June 2019
1. The Kingdom of Bhutan (RGoB) has received for financing from the Asian Development Bank (ADB) towards the cost of Thimphu Road Improvement Project. Part of this financing will be used for payments under the contract named above. Bidding is open to Bidders from eligible source countries of the ADB. However, a successful bidder is required to register with the Construction Development Board (CDB) of Bhutan before award of contract.
2. The Thimphu Thromde (“the Employer") invites sealed bids from eligible Bidders for theConstructionand completion of Improvement of Road fromHotel Dusit D2 till MLCP Junction end and Olakha("the Work").
3. National Competitive Bidding (NCB) will be conducted in accordance with ADB’s Single-Stage: One –Envelope Bidding Procedure and is open to all Bidders from eligible countries as described in the Bidding Document.
4.Only eligible bidders with following key qualifications should participate in this bidding:
- Key Experience Requirement: Participation in at least one contract that has been successfully or substantially completed within the last 5 (five) years and that is similar to the proposed works (similar works means road works), where the value of the Bidder’s past participation exceedsNu 27.00 million.
- Key financial requirement: Minimum Average Annual Construction Turnover (AACT) of
Nu.68.00 millionin the last three years.
- Key equipment requirement: (i) Road roller( 8-10 MT)-1 , (ii) Tippers- 1, (iii) Asphalt Paver-1, (iv) Asphalt Hot-mix Plant- 1 (v) Pay loader/JCB -1
- Key personnel requirement: (i) Project Manager-1, (ii) Civil Engineer- 1, & (iii) Site Supervisor- 1 (iv) Surveyor- 1
5.To obtain further information and inspect the bidding documents, bidders should contact:
The Project Manager (TRIP),
Mr. Karma Jamtsho
Building 8, Gongdzin Lam, Thimphu 11001,
Telephone No: 975 - 77668616
6.To purchase the bidding document in English, the eligible bidders should
- Write to address above requesting the bidding documents for TT/TRIP/003: Improvement of Road from Hotel Dusit D2 till MLCP Junction end and Olakha
- Pay a non-refundable fee of Nu 3,000/- by cash/draft between 09:00 hours and 13:00 hours on any working day from 18May 2019 till 18June 2019.
7.Deliver your bid
- to Mr. Karma Drupchu, Project Director, Department of Engineering Services, MoWHS, Thimphu, Bhutan;
- on or before 14:00 hours on 18June 2019;
- together with a Bid Security as described in the Bidding Document
Bids will be opened immediately after the deadline for bid submission in the presence of the Bidder’s representative who choose to attend.