Jigme Dorji wangchuk Public Library
Process to borrow a book
- To borrow books from JDWPL, He/she must register as a member.
Process to become a member
- Public have to visit the library manually for membership registration with the following given timing
- Students below grade eight are considered as children, thus they pay: Membership fee of Nu. 25/- and Security Deposit of Nu.250/-
- Students above grade ninth are considered as adult and along with the adult members, they pay: Membership Fee - Nu.50/- Security Deposit - Nu.500
- Issue Security Deposit Receipt
Term and Condition:
- Members can borrow 2 books at the time for two weeks
- If he/she reads the books before the due date, he/she can return the book before due date
- If they don’t finish the reading before the due date, the members can renew the same books
- If members fail to return books after two weeks, they are levied to pay Nu. 0.50 chhetrum per day per book
- Membership is valid for one year from the date of registration, and it should be annually renewed.
- In case the book is lost by the member, he/she have to pay the double cost of the books or either replace with the same books
- Reference books are not allowed to borrow.
- Security Deposit is refundable but they have to be a member for at least three month before they withdraw from the membership
- The Security Deposit Receipt should be taken care by member, where they have to declare during the time of membership withdrawal
Summer Timing (Weekdays) - 12:30pm to 6:00pm
Saturday - 11:00am to 3:00pm (Chubachu main branch) and
Winter Timing (Weekdays) - 12:30 pm to 5:00pm
Saturday - 1:00am to 3:00pm (Chubachu main Library)
(Summer)9:00am to 5:00pm (RUB branch office)
(Winter)9:00am to 4:00pm (RUB branch Library).
- Offline( JDWPL Office).
- To look for the available books please visit the link below: 126.96.36.199
Location and Contact Address:
- JDWPL Library Office,Chubachu Norzin Lam and
- JDWPL Office at RUB. Contact: 02322814 during office time for more information